Valentine's Flower Heart

I love holidays but mostly I love decorating for holidays! This last thanksgiving, Isla and I started making something to hang on the playroom door for each holiday and it has been such a fun tradition so far! For Valentine's Day, we decided to make an easy craft that only took about 30-45 minutes to create.

Supplies needed:
Artificial hydrangea stems (about 5, but it depends on how big you make your heart.)
Cardboard (we used a Target box)
Scissors or box cutter
Glue (I always use hot glue because it dries so fast)
Ribbon for hanging

First, trace your heart onto your cardboard and cut it out. I used the flap of the box so I could easily fold it in half to create a symmetrical heart.
Second, pull the blossoms off of your stems.

Then begin gluing your blossoms on until your cardboard is covered. The more blossoms you add the fuller your heart will look.



Last, attach a ribbon to the back of your heart if you would like to hang it. Ta-da you're done!

This was so simple to do and Isla loves making something special for the playroom. Happy Valentine's!










No comments:

Post a Comment